SOWETO HALF DAY TOUR
- Mosikare Tours offers unique experience Soweto half day tour when you have a limited time in Johannesburg but want to do and see a lot about the culture and lifestyle of the people of Soweto in a short space of time.
- On this Soweto half day tour, we cater for individuals, Corporate South Africa as well international and local leisure groups.
- At the end of this popular and unique tour you will have seen the good, the bad and not so good faces of Soweto.
- Entrance fee to Mandela house museum.
- Entrance fee to Hector Peterson Museum.
- Services of a qualified tour guide/s.
- Pick up and drop off.
SOWETO HALF DAY TOUR ITINERARY
Meet your experienced, friendly and qualified Soweto tour guide.
We make our first stop at the Soccer City Stadium.
Enter Soweto via Diepkloof Extension which is the upmarket and the jewel of Soweto.
We then drive past the Baragwanath Hospital, which is the biggest Hospital in the Southern Hemisphere.
Drive past Orlando Towers, which is the iconic landmark of Soweto.
Our next stop is Kliptown informal settlement (shanty town). At this location you will be taken on a guided tour of the settlement by a local site guide. The guided tour will show you the harsh realities of poverty and it is an eye opening experience. A true reflection of the unfortunate circumstance of informal dwelling.
The tour then continues to Orlando West and enter through Vilakazi Street. This is a world renowned street that has housed two Noble Peace prize winners namely Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu.
We stop for a fully guided tour of the Mandela house museum. The house is revamped and is filled with artefacts and memorabilia pertaining to the South African liberation icons (Nelson Mandela and Winnie Mandela)
We make our next brief stop at the site where Hector Peterson was shot and killed by the police during the 1976 students uprising.
The trip continues to our last stop at Hector Peterson precinct. This is the site where the whole story about the 1976 student uprising is told. The Hector Pieterson museum is fascinating and has the state of art multimedia centre depicting scenes leading to the students uprising which changed the political landscape of the South African history.
Depart Soweto. The individual or group return back having experienced the Soweto township life in its many forms.