Soweto Edutainment Tour
SOWETO EDUTAINMENT TOUR
- The Soweto edutainment tour is designed mainly for Corporate South Africa as well as local and international leisure groups who want to be educated about Soweto as well as being entertained.
- The Edutainment Soweto day tour is flexible and can accommodate different group’s needs, wants and demands.
- Event Organisers. This tour can add some value and cultural experience to your guests when they are in Johannesburg for conferences, meetings, exhibitions etc.
- Training courses. Corporate/Companies can include this tour on their training packages, especially for their trainees who come from other countries.
- Team Building. The tour is tailored for Corporate South Africa who intends to do team buildings or outings.
- Soweto Year –end outing/ Christmas lunch.
Price: R1250.00 per person
Minimum: Groups of minimum of 12 people
Pick up time: 9h30 (flexible)
Drop off time: 15h30 to 16hrs
Duration: 6 hours
Availability: TUESDAY to SUNDAY
Pick up & Drop off: We pick up from hotels, guesthouses, lodges and work places.
Please Note That Some Pickups Areas May Carry An Extra Once-Off Pickup Fee.
- Entrance fee to Mandela house museum.
- Entrance fee to Hector Peterson Museum.
- Services of a qualified tour guide/s.
- Pick up and drop off in an air-conditioned. minibus/ coach with P/A System.
- Lunch – full Buffet with deserts at Sakhumzi restaurant.
- Braai/Barbeque(Chisanyama) at Chaf Pozi restaurant (second lunch venue option).
Soweto year-end outing/ Christmas lunch/Team building
- On the year-end outing, you have an opportunity to tailor-make a suitable tour with us that suits your needs.
- Choose between a buffet lunch at Sakhumzi’s Restaurant or Braai/Barbeque (Chisanyama @ Chaf Pozi Restaurant).
- Optional extra– beer tasting of Soweto Gold Beer or Soweto Gold Cider @ R50.00 per person.
- Optional extra –stop for a Bungee Jump @ Orlando Towers.
- Book now for your Nov/Dec Year –End Lunch to avoid disappointment.
SOWETO EDUTAINMENT TOUR ITINERARY
Meet your experienced, friendly and qualified Soweto tour guide.
We make our first stop at the Soccer City Stadium.
Enter Soweto via Diepkloof Extension which is the upmarket and the jewel of Soweto.
We then drive past the Baragwanath Hospital, which is the biggest Hospital in the Southern Hemisphere.
Drive past Orlando Towers, which is the iconic landmark of Soweto.
Our next stop is Kliptown informal settlement (shanty town). At this location you will be taken on a guided tour of the settlement by a local site guide. The guided tour will show you the harsh realities of poverty and it is an eye opening experience. A true reflection of the unfortunate circumstance of informal dwelling.
The tour then continues to Orlando West and enter through Vilakazi Street. This is a world renowned street that has housed two Noble Peace prize winners namely Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu.
We stop for a fully guided tour of the Mandela house museum. The house is revamped and is filled with artefacts and memorabilia pertaining to the South African liberation icons (Nelson Mandela and Winnie Mandela)
We make our next brief stop at the site where Hector Peterson was shot and killed by the police during the 1976 students uprising.
The trip continues to our last stop at Hector Peterson precinct. This is the site where the whole story about the 1976 student uprising is told. The Hector Pieterson museum is fascinating and has the state of art multimedia centre depicting scenes leading to the students uprising which changed the political landscape of the South African history.
We make our last stop at Sakhumzi Restaurant. Here we are going to have a full African cuisine buffet with dessert. This is a well run restaurant patronised by both local and international tourists alike.
The group will then return back having experienced the Soweto township life in its many forms.